Wednesday 8 September 2010

finally a new post!

Hi all,
Well I have been busy cooking various treats but have not had time to write a blog! BAD ME!
So finally I have decided to make time and as my first challenge was set by a certain Mr. Thakur. The challenge was macaroons!!
So I attempted these following this recipe, (follow the link)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1164711/Recipe-Ladur-e-mini-macaroons.html

So I made a standard macaroon and filled them with orange water butter cream and they were delicious!!! However they are crispy on the outside and slightly chewy in the middle. IS this right?

Something was defiantly wrong with the appearance, they where cracked all over the top! And not smooth like the pics look!!!!!




Next I will try the alternative version of whisking warm sugar syrup into the egg white. Apparently this provides more stability.

Any ideas or suggestions welcomed.

Till next time,

Happy eating.

6 comments:

  1. show pictures of your abnormal macaroon! I wonder how they flavour the macaroon itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. put up some cocktail recipes too ne

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Herve This, an egg white (or yellow as he calls it as it is not white) can take 27ltrs of liquid! (Think I got that right?) So theoretically anything that dissolve in water can be added as a flavour!

    He talks about this in his seminar.
    http://www2.imperial.ac.uk/imedia/videos/view/429/molecular-cooking-is-cooking:-molecular-gastronomy-is-a-scientific-activity/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terribly disapointed by this. I was thoroughly looking forward to some innovative digestive forrays instead i get a lame duck of a re-hashed recipe from a cook book.

    Useless, useless, useless.

    If you are going to keep a "Blog" about food then at least be original and post your own recipes. All this is is a re-hash of a Jamie Oliver recipe. I bet all of your cocktails come out of a Heston Blumenthaal book.

    I am sorely tempted to report you. You do realise this is copyright infringement?

    I had such high hopes for this and feel bitterly disappointed. Bitter by the way is a taste. Look it up. It is the start you need.

    www.amazon.co.uk - go here. It'll be more informative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog was for ideas, suggestions and learning as well as innovative ideas which I have and have undertaken, and which will be added in time.
    And I can assure you if you read my cocktail blog then they are references to articles I enjoyed as well as innovative cocktails of my own mastery.
    And the recipe was from laudre one of the foremost French patisserie artist. I tried it and wished to share my disappointment in the result so have decided to run a Herve This style experiment about the stability of different meringues. If this sort of thing is not for you then stop reading, rather than writing a droll inaccurate statement. And I agree Amazon will most properly be more informative seeing as it is one of the world’s largest book sellers, I mean I read allot but come on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s its not copyright infringement if I reference it!

    ReplyDelete